Fund Development Director
Serving 15 Michigan Counties
Job Title: Fund Development Director Unit/Service: Administration Development
Reports to: Chief Advancement Officer
Supervises: Development team members
Job Summary: Within the framework of the Agency’s mission, policies, procedures and resources, the Development Director provides management and oversight for donor relations, marketing, and strategic fundraising initiatives. This position cultivates a comprehensive fundraising effort engaging internal and external constituents and resources in translating the organization’s services into a compelling and marketable message. The Development Director connects with individuals, corporations and foundations to cultivate monetary and in-kind donations and brand awareness in the community and the media.
The position balances a creative approach, an engaging personal manner and a strategic focus to achieve consistent, measurable improvements in net dollars received each year.
1. Bachelor’s degree in Nonprofit Administration, Business Administration, Public Administration, Communications, Marketing, Public Relations, or other related field. Masters Degree in related field and relevant professional affiliation memberships are preferred.
2. Demonstrated leadership abilities in managing team, developing, and achieving financial goals and collaborative work with the agency’s Board of Directors.
3. Five years work experience with evidence of progressively increased administrative responsibilities, preferably in a non-profit setting.
4. A minimum of five years of visionary experience in marketing, public relations and development required. Previous experience in managing employees and engaging with a donor portfolio is preferred. Strong written, interpersonal, leadership and organizational skills are required. Computer skills including word processing, database management and spreadsheet proficiency is required.
5. All of Orchards Children’s Services employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment.
Annual Starting Salary: $80,000
Employees with physical disabilities that require special accommodations for an interview should request them by contacting the Human Resources office in advance.
Staff must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER