Serving 15 Michigan Counties
Thank you for your interest in volunteering with Orchards Children’s Services! We are excited to have you join us on our next project. While we do not have ongoing volunteer opportunities, we hope you will continue to check our page for the fun and sxciting adventures that wait. We value our volunteers and are grateful for the time, energy and commitment they bring to the agency! If you are interested in volunteering, please see the oportunities bellow:
March/April (date TBD) – Reading Literacy/Spring Celebration
- Distribute food, books and Easter baskets
June 22, 2020 – Bike Unload Morning/afternoon* (at Southfield Pavilion)
- Unload bikes from truck
*Unfortunately the time is out of our control. We are at the mercy of the semi driver!
June 23, 2020 – Bike Assembly 9:30am -3:00pm (at Southfield Pavilion)
- Assemble bikes
June 24, 2020 – “Larry Culley Bike Day” 11:30am – 2:00pm (at Southfield Pavilion)
- Assist children with riding their bike through “Safety Town”
- Give individual instruction about Rules of the Road (manual provided)
- Work different stations (ie: ice cream truck/food/tattoos/etc)
August 2020 – Back-to-School Preparation
- Stuff backpacks with school supplies
- Backpacks distribution
October thru December – Food & Toy Drives
- Collect food items and new toys for Orchards children and families
- Food Drive (10/05-11/13)
- Toy Drive (10/05-12/12)
November 23, 2020 – Turkey & Food Basket giveaway
- Place food baskets in vehicles during distribution
November/December Sponsor-a-Family for the holidays
- Shop for a family you “adopt” for the holidays
- Sponsor dates are 10/05-12/15
All of the aforementioned activities require funding to underwrite. Groups are welcome to organize outside fundraising activities. Also, individual donations are accepted.
Leaders of the future:
Do you know a young person in grades 9-12 looking to make a difference in the community, to connect with other young leaders through community service projects and networking events?
Members of Orchards Youth Board are ambassadors for the agency. They meet one Saturday each month for September – June. For inquiries about the Youth Board, contact Kree Bayne at kbayne@orchards.
For more information on volunteering, please contact Community Relations Manager,
Victoria Orleans at 248.530.5410 or email@example.com.