Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Serving 15 Michigan Counties
Orchards is an organization where:
- All staff have an understanding of racism, inequality, and power structures.
- All Orchards team members have a voice, are heard, experience a sense of belonging, and can thrive.
- Team members ensure this understanding is applied to our internal programs, policies, and ways of working with one another
Through these commitments we will ensure we are an organization that:
- Proactively addresses disparities for the marginalized children and families we serve.
- Proactively addresses disparities identified within the infrastructure of our organization.
Orchards staff had the privilege of participating in the 1st annual Detroit Equity Symposium presented by Detroit Equity, Inc. It was an honor to meet and engage with Lt. Gov. Garlin Gilchrist II.
Orchards Children’s Services has been awarded the Salute to Diversity Award – Diversity Champion by Corp! Magazine. Corp! Magazine recognizes businesses, organizations, and leaders who champion diversity, equity, and inclusion initiatives and achievements within their organization or the community.
This recognition is especially poignant as Orchards Children’s Services was previously bestowed this honor in 2020 and Corp! Magazine states that “previous honorees will not be honored more than once unless significant progress has been made.”
Orchards Children’s Services was honored at the 16th Annual Salute to Diversity Awards and Conference at The Henry in Dearborn on October 13, 2022.