Serving 15 Michigan Counties
JOB TITLE: Accountant
REPORTS TO: Controller
Within the framework of the agency’s mission, policies, procedures and resources, the Accountant is responsible for maintaining general ledger accounts. Work as a member of the accounting team to ensure accurate and timely completion of recording the organizations financial activities. Play an integral role in the annual and monthly closing process. Work in all financial applications as needed: general ledger and reporting system and assist in producing financial monthly reports and needed account/data analysis.
Collaborate with all staff to understand Orchards Children’s Services goal, strategies, and operations to ensure effective management of resources. Participate in special projects as requested and provide financial analysis and project management within the Accounting department as well as organizational wide.
1. Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related business field required.
2. 3 – 5 years’ accounting experience. Experienced in not for profit accounting, operations and systems preferred.
3. Must have solid understanding of accounting principles, concepts, and fundamentals as well as financial reporting.
4. Experience with various financial applications, advance computer skills and spreadsheet knowledge (MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint). Experience with Microsoft/GP Dynamics preferred, but not required.
5. Excellent written and oral communication skills including being able to convey accounting information in easy to understand terms, have active listening skills, able to solve problems.
6. Work effectively with a wide range of skilled staff. Great interpersonal skills, excellent work ethic, customer focus, analytical and organizational skills with sharp attention to detail.
7. Must have proven ability to meet critical deadlines with the ability to work independently and manage multiple priorities at once.
8. Valid operator’s license, available car, continuously in-effect auto insurance and a safe driving record.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $50,000- $65,000 per year
Orchards Children’s Services’ is committed to advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts throughout the agency culture. Employees with physical disabilities that require special accommodations for an interview should request them by contacting the Human Resources office in advance.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.